GLAD YOU FOUND ME AND WELCOME

This blog is intended to track my 100% whole food plant based experience and share what I have learned with others. You can participate in this blog by posting questions, advice, your experiences and successes, and anything else you think others may learn from this share in the Post Comments section after each of my Blog Posts. Please take advantage of the Subscribe For Updates or follow us link...your email address will not be shared. Also, feel free to click the Please Share It link and share it with the G+1 button in the top left corner to join our Google Circle and also add me to Facebook and Twitter. Ken Carlile



Quote

WHOLE FOOD PLANT BASED QUOTE
Stop worrying about dieting. Just eat whole foods that come out of the earth and not the foods that fertilize it. Ken Carlile, Blogger at www.ieatplants.com


LINKS TO THIS BLOG

Disqus now available after each post. Click on post title and go to the bottom of the page. Great for commenting.The links below will also take you to this post. Choose your favorite!

WWW.IEATPLANTS.COM, WWW.KENCARLILE.COM, WWW.PLANTS2TABLE.COM, WWW.PLANTSTOTABLE.COM, WWW.PLANTS4PLATES.COM, WWW.PLANTSTRONGEATING.COM, WWW.PLANTSTRONGTABLE.COM

POTACO

Print Friendly and PDF


We've all had fish tacos.  It's not usually about the fish, it's about what you put in the taco with it.  These are easy and every bit as good as fish tacos without, well, the fish!  You say potato, I say potaco.

I have a gas stove in my home and I just put the flame on medium high, throw the corn tortilla right on the fire and flip it about every 5-8 seconds using tongs until it's sufficiently charred to your liking.

For the filling I used already baked potatoes cut into cubes, cooked beans that I reheated, cubed avocado, Engine 2 Salsa (or any that is oil free), and topped with a little n(o)il and no dairy sour cream.  If you haven't tried my sour cream, my sister tried it for the first time this week and is now obsessed with it, it's that good!

You can serve them with fresh lime slices and chopped cilantro.

A little hint about potatoes.  If you remember my blog about mashing the potato myth, you can eat lots of potatoes and they're incredibly good for you.  I buy a 10 pound bag of potatoes and when I bake them, I'll bake about half the bag and keep them in the refrigerator to snack on or for quick lunch or dinner like these tacos.  At $4.99 for 10 pounds there's a lot of bang for your buck!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

SEND ME YOUR COMPLIMENTS, CRITIQUES OR SUGGESTIONS HERE.

Name

Email *

Message *