GLAD YOU FOUND ME AND WELCOME

This blog is intended to track my 100% whole food plant based experience and share what I have learned with others. You can participate in this blog by posting questions, advice, your experiences and successes, and anything else you think others may learn from this share in the Post Comments section after each of my Blog Posts. Please take advantage of the Subscribe For Updates or follow us link...your email address will not be shared. Also, feel free to click the Please Share It link and share it with the G+1 button in the top left corner to join our Google Circle and also add me to Facebook and Twitter. Ken Carlile



Quote

WHOLE FOOD PLANT BASED QUOTE
Stop worrying about dieting. Just eat whole foods that come out of the earth and not the foods that fertilize it. Ken Carlile, Blogger at www.ieatplants.com


LINKS TO THIS BLOG

Disqus now available after each post. Click on post title and go to the bottom of the page. Great for commenting.The links below will also take you to this post. Choose your favorite!

WWW.IEATPLANTS.COM, WWW.KENCARLILE.COM, WWW.PLANTS2TABLE.COM, WWW.PLANTSTOTABLE.COM, WWW.PLANTS4PLATES.COM, WWW.PLANTSTRONGEATING.COM, WWW.PLANTSTRONGTABLE.COM

MEDITERRANEAN DIET VS. PLANT BASED DIET

Print Friendly and PDF





A lot has been said and debated this week regarding the study that says a Mediterranean diet is the way to go.  I will say that it is better than the American or Western diet, but it's far from perfect...and adding at lest 3 unnecessary tablespoons of fat a day is about as ridiculous as it sounds.

You can find studies that will represent your side of the argument all over the internet.  I encourage everyone to do some research and make up your own minds.  Remember that you should always look at who is sponsoring and who benefits from the study.

I've approached this style of eating for health reasons period.  All of the research I've done as well as my own health, have given me everything I need to stick with the program.  One month away from a year on the plan and I've never felt better.  More energy, 35 lbs less weight, low cholesterol, low blood pressure, clearer mind....I'm sold.

You have to have the conviction to adopt this way of eating regardless of what your friends and family tell you.  There are naysayers everywhere, but in reality it's your life to live.  Don't force your plant based diet on others, merely lead by example.  Listen to the noise, and continue what you're doing.

I've done a little research for you so I'll add a couple more links about the Mediterranean diet here.





Check out these links as well.

From Nuts to Oil Link


Dr. Esselstyn tackles the Mediterranean Diet


No comments:

Post a Comment

SEND ME YOUR COMPLIMENTS, CRITIQUES OR SUGGESTIONS HERE.

Name

Email *

Message *