GLAD YOU FOUND ME AND WELCOME

This blog is intended to track my 100% whole food plant based experience and share what I have learned with others. You can participate in this blog by posting questions, advice, your experiences and successes, and anything else you think others may learn from this share in the Post Comments section after each of my Blog Posts. Please take advantage of the Subscribe For Updates or follow us link...your email address will not be shared. Also, feel free to click the Please Share It link and share it with the G+1 button in the top left corner to join our Google Circle and also add me to Facebook and Twitter. Ken Carlile



Quote

WHOLE FOOD PLANT BASED QUOTE
Stop worrying about dieting. Just eat whole foods that come out of the earth and not the foods that fertilize it. Ken Carlile, Blogger at www.ieatplants.com


LINKS TO THIS BLOG

Disqus now available after each post. Click on post title and go to the bottom of the page. Great for commenting.The links below will also take you to this post. Choose your favorite!

WWW.IEATPLANTS.COM, WWW.KENCARLILE.COM, WWW.PLANTS2TABLE.COM, WWW.PLANTSTOTABLE.COM, WWW.PLANTS4PLATES.COM, WWW.PLANTSTRONGEATING.COM, WWW.PLANTSTRONGTABLE.COM

Weekend of Dinners

Print Friendly and PDF
Had some fun playing around in the kitchen this weekend trying to create new menu items.  On Saturday I made Sloppy Ken's along with oil free french fries and an arugula salad with garden tomatoes and an avocado lemon dressing.  The Sloppy Ken was reconstituted vegetable protein, no meat ground meat, sauteed onion and red bell pepper and your favorite barbecue sauce (check the ingredients to make sure there's no oil used) and served on a whole wheat sourdough roll.  For the salad I just crushed two avocados and the juice of a lemon with some salt and pepper. Check this out:




On Sunday, along with baking a couple loaves of bread, I made spicy andouille sausage and the turned that into a Cajun Jambalaya.  I had brown rice to which I added sauteed mushrooms, a red and yellow bell pepper, red onion, crushed garden tomatoes, fresh picked green beans, the sausage I made and vegetable stock, steamed swiss chard, beans (including black, pinto, fava and garbanzo) and Italian parsley.  Really Good:


4 comments:

  1. Looks scrumptious! Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just got home from Canada visiting family. Being a vegan is a major problem while traveling. The family was very considerate regarding the vegan diet but I felt that it was a major inconvenience to have special requests. I ended up eating grilled chicken breast and even a steak. Finding vegan food while on the road was difficult. I did eat vegan mostly for breakfast and some lunches but dinner was a big problem. I didn't want to eat salads for lunch and dinner. Anyway, I did go off the plan but am back on it since I am now home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always just say don't worry about me I'll fend for myself. Then I just bring my own food!

      Delete
    2. I've done a little traveling recently and approached this differently. I don't talk about being vegan unless someone notices what I'm eating. I don't expect anyone to go out of their way to accommodate me. However, if I can use a kitchen I'll cook up some rice and beans, pasta and marinara; in fact, I even will volunteer to make a meal or two so they can see how good a plant based meal can be.

      Delete

SEND ME YOUR COMPLIMENTS, CRITIQUES OR SUGGESTIONS HERE.

Name

Email *

Message *