GLAD YOU FOUND ME AND WELCOME

This blog is intended to track my 100% whole food plant based experience and share what I have learned with others. You can participate in this blog by posting questions, advice, your experiences and successes, and anything else you think others may learn from this share in the Post Comments section after each of my Blog Posts. Please take advantage of the Subscribe For Updates or follow us link...your email address will not be shared. Also, feel free to click the Please Share It link and share it with the G+1 button in the top left corner to join our Google Circle and also add me to Facebook and Twitter. Ken Carlile



Quote

WHOLE FOOD PLANT BASED QUOTE
Stop worrying about dieting. Just eat whole foods that come out of the earth and not the foods that fertilize it. Ken Carlile, Blogger at www.ieatplants.com


LINKS TO THIS BLOG

Disqus now available after each post. Click on post title and go to the bottom of the page. Great for commenting.The links below will also take you to this post. Choose your favorite!

WWW.IEATPLANTS.COM, WWW.KENCARLILE.COM, WWW.PLANTS2TABLE.COM, WWW.PLANTSTOTABLE.COM, WWW.PLANTS4PLATES.COM, WWW.PLANTSTRONGEATING.COM, WWW.PLANTSTRONGTABLE.COM

OMG Meatloaf (I mean Wheatloaf)

Print Friendly and PDF
One of my favorite things to eat is a well made meatloaf....and people loved mine.  I had to figure out a way that I could make it so that it was so good I would look forward to meatloaf sandwiches as well.  Here's what I came up with.

The first ingredient I used was leftover pastrami.  Pastrami, you ask...how is that possible.  Well, this is a link to Pastrami Seitan that I used to make Reuben Sandwiches.  I had some left over so I turned it into ground meat (wheat).   Here are some photos of the process.

This is the leftover Pastrami Seitan.  I cut it into big hunks and put in in the food processor as seen below.

I actually added it through the feed tube a couple pieces at a time so as not to stop the blades.  This pic is for visual only.

This is what it looked like at the end.  I pulsed it until I got the consistency I desired.

Preheat oven to 375°.   Here are the rest of the ingredients:

4 cups of the seitan (you can buy this if you don't want to make it)
1/2 cup oat flour (if you don't have it and can't find it, take whole oats and put them into the Cuisinart until you create a flour)
1 1/2 medium onions (chopped)
6 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 14.5 oz. can of diced tomatoes (strain out half the juice)
1 14.5 oz. can of black beans (rinsed and drained or make your own) mashed
1 Tbl herbes de provence (if you don't have this, use dry, crushed,  rosemary, basil, oregano, parsley) 1/2 tsp. each
2 Tbl Annie's Vegan Worcestershire Sauce (or any vegan Worcestershire)
2 Tbl Bragg's Liquid Aminos
1 tsp Sea Salt
1 tsp Crushed black pepper
1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder

Mix All ingredients well and put in a teflon loaf pan.  Cover with Aluminum and bake for 1 hour.  After the first 1/2 hour, remove the aluminum and put some ketchup on the top.  Let it rest a bit when you're done baking.






Meatloaf, garlic mashed potatoes, salad with vinaigrette 

Leftovers

Meatloaf Sandwich.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SEND ME YOUR COMPLIMENTS, CRITIQUES OR SUGGESTIONS HERE.

Name

Email *

Message *