GLAD YOU FOUND ME AND WELCOME

This blog is intended to track my 100% whole food plant based experience and share what I have learned with others. You can participate in this blog by posting questions, advice, your experiences and successes, and anything else you think others may learn from this share in the Post Comments section after each of my Blog Posts. Please take advantage of the Subscribe For Updates or follow us link...your email address will not be shared. Also, feel free to click the Please Share It link and share it with the G+1 button in the top left corner to join our Google Circle and also add me to Facebook and Twitter. Ken Carlile



Quote

WHOLE FOOD PLANT BASED QUOTE
Stop worrying about dieting. Just eat whole foods that come out of the earth and not the foods that fertilize it. Ken Carlile, Blogger at www.ieatplants.com


LINKS TO THIS BLOG

Disqus now available after each post. Click on post title and go to the bottom of the page. Great for commenting.The links below will also take you to this post. Choose your favorite!

WWW.IEATPLANTS.COM, WWW.KENCARLILE.COM, WWW.PLANTS2TABLE.COM, WWW.PLANTSTOTABLE.COM, WWW.PLANTS4PLATES.COM, WWW.PLANTSTRONGEATING.COM, WWW.PLANTSTRONGTABLE.COM

IT'S PLANTING TIME AGAIN

Print Friendly and PDF


If you haven't started your summer garden and your nights are above 55 degrees, time to get on it.  This is a sure fire way to avoid those nasty GMO's and the high prices of Organic Vegetables.....GROW YOUR OWN.

It's not as difficult as you think and the rewards far outweigh a little work.  Besides, the vitamin D you'll get from the sun is an added benefit.

This year I'm planting these vegetables for my starter.  I will fill in with others later, but these are all from seeds.  You notice I say planted by the number.  Starting from the packets of seeds I number each one.  When I put my seeds in the starter tray I number them to coincide with the seed packets.  When I move them to individual pots I number them as well.  I keep using this method all the way to the final planting.

What I do is plot out where I'm going to plant what type of vegetable and then each hole is numbered.  When I actually plant the vegetable I assign the plant number to the whole number.  For example if the first five holes are tomatoes I would put the hole number with the tomato type number.  Holes 1-5 (3) for Black Krim.  That's just the way I've been doing it so I don't have to buy stakes every year.  I've also gone so far as to do an elaborate plot map (example at the bottom of the page) wherein I put everything on the map the way it is situated in the garden.  A lot of work but I had fun doing it.  The reason I want to know the names of the plants instead of just "tomato" is that the prolific and great tasting ones will be used again. I always like Mr. Stripey so I always plant it.

Have fun, keep it organic, baby it, learn to cook with it and best of all, eat it.


2013 seeds planted by the number.  

1       Basil Genovese
2       Black Beauty Zucchini
3       Black Krim Tomato
4       Bloody Butcher Tomato
5       Boxcar Willie Tomato
6       Buran Pepper
7       Cajun Tobasco Pepper
8       Cherokee purple Tomato
9       Diamond Eggplant
10    Early Prolific Straight Neck Yellow Squash
11    Hillbilly Tomato
12    Italian Heirloom Tomato
13    Jalapeno Pepper
14    Lacinato Kale
15    Matina Tomato
16    Minnesota Midget Melon
17    Moskovich Tomato
18    Mr. Stripey Tomato
19    Pasilla Bajio Pepper
20    Rose de Berne Tomato
21    San Marzano Tomato
22    Stupice Tomato
23    Suyo Long Cucumber
24    Tarragon
25    Thessaloniki Tomato
26    Thyme
27    Tsakoniki Eggplant
28    Violet of Sicily Cauliflower
29    Waltham Broccoli 

My 2011 garden plot map

No comments:

Post a Comment

SEND ME YOUR COMPLIMENTS, CRITIQUES OR SUGGESTIONS HERE.

Name

Email *

Message *