GLAD YOU FOUND ME AND WELCOME

This blog is intended to track my 100% whole food plant based experience and share what I have learned with others. You can participate in this blog by posting questions, advice, your experiences and successes, and anything else you think others may learn from this share in the Post Comments section after each of my Blog Posts. Please take advantage of the Subscribe For Updates or follow us link...your email address will not be shared. Also, feel free to click the Please Share It link and share it with the G+1 button in the top left corner to join our Google Circle and also add me to Facebook and Twitter. Ken Carlile



Quote

WHOLE FOOD PLANT BASED QUOTE
Stop worrying about dieting. Just eat whole foods that come out of the earth and not the foods that fertilize it. Ken Carlile, Blogger at www.ieatplants.com


LINKS TO THIS BLOG

Disqus now available after each post. Click on post title and go to the bottom of the page. Great for commenting.The links below will also take you to this post. Choose your favorite!

WWW.IEATPLANTS.COM, WWW.KENCARLILE.COM, WWW.PLANTS2TABLE.COM, WWW.PLANTSTOTABLE.COM, WWW.PLANTS4PLATES.COM, WWW.PLANTSTRONGEATING.COM, WWW.PLANTSTRONGTABLE.COM

Bob's Story!!!!

Print Friendly and PDF
In early February of this year, I overheard my wife Janet watching Forks Over Knives while I was reading in bed.  She fell asleep with her iPad, I took it from her and watched the entire movie.  I was very intrigued by the way a plant strong diet had changed so many people's lives.  That day I decided to give up all meat, dairy and fish for lent.  I decided to do it right, so I got my blood tested first.  I had been eating mostly fish at this point anyway so I expected my numbers to be pretty good.  I was absolutely shocked when I got my numbers and my cholesterol was 247!!!! I had also read Dr. Esselstyn's book, How to Prevent and Cure Heart Disease, in which he prescribes no oil of any kind. Over the past year, I had been eating popcorn almost daily using what I thought was heart healthy coconut oil. Those numbers spoke for themselves, and popcorn had to go. So on February 22, I started what I thought would be 40 days of a new way of eating. After 10 days, I thought I am really feeling better. Not eating oil turned out to be more difficult than I thought.  You just can't imagine how many things have added oil.  The amazing thing is that it is completely unnecessary and really doesn't add flavor.  I learned that restaurants really don't want to change their cooking for the needs of one person.  They will however, bend over backwards for you if you tell them you are allergic to oil. Each week I felt better and better, and although I was eating more than ever, weight began to fall off of me. At the end of 30 days, I had my cholesterol tested again, and when the results came in, this time I was shocked in a good way. My cholesterol had dropped to 181!!! Needless to say, 40 days came and went long ago and I have been plant strong ever since.  This way of eating may not be for everyone, but it sure has worked for me!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SEND ME YOUR COMPLIMENTS, CRITIQUES OR SUGGESTIONS HERE.

Name

Email *

Message *