GLAD YOU FOUND ME AND WELCOME

This blog is intended to track my 100% whole food plant based experience and share what I have learned with others. You can participate in this blog by posting questions, advice, your experiences and successes, and anything else you think others may learn from this share in the Post Comments section after each of my Blog Posts. Please take advantage of the Subscribe For Updates or follow us link...your email address will not be shared. Also, feel free to click the Please Share It link and share it with the G+1 button in the top left corner to join our Google Circle and also add me to Facebook and Twitter. Ken Carlile



Quote

WHOLE FOOD PLANT BASED QUOTE
Stop worrying about dieting. Just eat whole foods that come out of the earth and not the foods that fertilize it. Ken Carlile, Blogger at www.ieatplants.com


LINKS TO THIS BLOG

Disqus now available after each post. Click on post title and go to the bottom of the page. Great for commenting.The links below will also take you to this post. Choose your favorite!

WWW.IEATPLANTS.COM, WWW.KENCARLILE.COM, WWW.PLANTS2TABLE.COM, WWW.PLANTSTOTABLE.COM, WWW.PLANTS4PLATES.COM, WWW.PLANTSTRONGEATING.COM, WWW.PLANTSTRONGTABLE.COM

SUMMER SNACKING

Print Friendly and PDF


With the abundance of vegetables available in my garden finally here, I decided to make my favorite snack that I keep on hand in the refrigerator:  Marinated Tomatoes, Cucumbers and Onions.  I've made various versions of this over the year, and it's a great addition to a salad, sandwich, or just as a snack on its own.  In fact, it was so warm last night that I didn't feel like cooking, so I took some previously baked baby potatoes, squashed them in a bowl, and added to them some of the marinated vegetables I've had in the refrigerator for the last week.  The potatoes become a very vinegary potato salad and the tomatoes and cucumbers add a distinct flavor and texture.  I think I'll call it my "Pomato Bowl"

To make the marinade, combine the following:

1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons dried dill
1 teaspoon agave syrup
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional or use less if you can't stand the heat)
2 tablespoons Braggs Liquid Amino
Freshly ground pepper

I then add sliced tomatoes, sliced cucumbers, sliced red onions (white or yellow work as well), 5 cloves crushed or sliced garlic.  Let them marinate for at least 24 hours.  The longer you let them go the better.  The cucumbers will taste like a combination of bread and butter pickles and dill.  You can add any other vegetables as well:  Carrots, Bell Peppers, jalapeƱo, tomatillo...be creative.




No comments:

Post a Comment

SEND ME YOUR COMPLIMENTS, CRITIQUES OR SUGGESTIONS HERE.

Name

Email *

Message *