GLAD YOU FOUND ME AND WELCOME

This blog is intended to track my 100% whole food plant based experience and share what I have learned with others. You can participate in this blog by posting questions, advice, your experiences and successes, and anything else you think others may learn from this share in the Post Comments section after each of my Blog Posts. Please take advantage of the Subscribe For Updates or follow us link...your email address will not be shared. Also, feel free to click the Please Share It link and share it with the G+1 button in the top left corner to join our Google Circle and also add me to Facebook and Twitter. Ken Carlile



Quote

WHOLE FOOD PLANT BASED QUOTE
Stop worrying about dieting. Just eat whole foods that come out of the earth and not the foods that fertilize it. Ken Carlile, Blogger at www.ieatplants.com


LINKS TO THIS BLOG

Disqus now available after each post. Click on post title and go to the bottom of the page. Great for commenting.The links below will also take you to this post. Choose your favorite!

WWW.IEATPLANTS.COM, WWW.KENCARLILE.COM, WWW.PLANTS2TABLE.COM, WWW.PLANTSTOTABLE.COM, WWW.PLANTS4PLATES.COM, WWW.PLANTSTRONGEATING.COM, WWW.PLANTSTRONGTABLE.COM

Jamaica Mon!!!!

Print Friendly and PDF


(Here's Earl's story on diet and cancer Earl's Juice Garden, Kingston Jamaica)


I recently traveled to Jamaica and was shocked to find out that the fresh fruits and vegetables I remember having there on my honeymoon were scarce at best.  For the first three days of my trip, I survived on side salads from Burger King.  Needless to say that wasn't going to get me through the week.

I was staying at the Wyndham Hotel in Kingston and on the third morning I decided to ask the cab driver out front where I could find a vegetarian restaurant.  He took me to Earl's Juice Garden just within a two minute walk from the hotel.  This restaurant was started by a man named Earl Chong who was twice diagnosed with cancer.  He studied how diet related to cancer and surprised doctors who thought his cancer was terminal by curing his cancer through diet.  The restaurant has a home cooked feel with a very friendly and helpful staff.  Every day the menu changes and the flavor of their foods is phenomenal. They make a big pot of porridge for breakfast from 6:00 am until it runs out. Lunch consists of 2 soups and 3 stews that were all delicious. I was also surprised that they use no oil!!!!  They also serve a great variety of fresh squeezed juiced fruits and vegetables.  I ate every single meal there for the rest of my stay.

http://www.jamaicatravelandculture.com/destinations/kingston/earls-juice-garden.htm

Bob Carlile





1 comment:

  1. I hope you wrote down ideas and asked for recipes!

    ReplyDelete

SEND ME YOUR COMPLIMENTS, CRITIQUES OR SUGGESTIONS HERE.

Name

Email *

Message *